05 August 2009

Yesterday was challenging again because, as I said, the hammer is down. It's a work in progress and I hope for some very improved days ahead.
Last night Collin made sushi! A friend at work made it so he thought he would give it a try. It was really yummy! he did a great job putting it all together and rolling it up. We have to work on some of the ingredients - the sticky rice is tricky. I always thought the rice was just rice...maybe a special kind that was very sticky when cooked? But no, it has vinegar, SUGAR! and something else in there that I forget at the moment.  The boys had rice bowls which didn't go over so great... especially for Finn and usually he is gaga over rice.  Although Aiden did try the sushi and he liked it! He also used my chopsticks for awhile to eat his dinner. He had very petite bites but he was successful using the sticks! 

As I said in the previous post I have been putting Finn on the potty regularly now. Yesterday he had a dry pull-up through to the afternoon! In general he has been greatly opposed to even thinking about pooping on the potty. well, yesterday I went into town to grocery shop in the afternoon and when I came home Collin said "Finn pooped on the potty...all by himself!"
He said he went in there to find him wiping himself after taking care of his business! Isn't that great?! I gave lots of praise for that when I came home. There were also 1 or 2 times when he said "oh no! I have to pee!" and he would jump up and head for the bathroom. Very exciting! We will continue to work on this and will heaping lots of praise on Finn for using the facility! I will keep you updated here as to how it all goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment