04 April 2010

Easter and an Earthquake!!



We had Easter here today without Daddy...:( He is still in N.C. on the tunnel trip. The boys played Hot/Cold in the morning and found their respective baskets...much to their delight! We went to church and then home for the afternoon. We had quiet time and then as we were getting ready to go to the Becker's for dinner...the earthquake happened!
I've never experienced one before and this did not disappoint! I was back in our bedroom when I started to hear some strange noises in the house...it sounded like it does when the wind is picking up and blowing good outside (as it often does here). The walls were literally making this really loud creaking noise...it was the pressure on the house...like I could hear it in every room and it was quite loud...the pictures on the wall were all click-clacking and rattling on their hooks...as I walked up the hall to the living room I processed that we were having an earthquake! I could FEEL the house moving beneath my feet! Literally! The boys were watching a show and I quick turned off the tv (not sure why I did that...like it would help anything!) and grabbed them up on the couch and told them what was happening. We all got super quiet and and just sat there...feeling the rumblings of the ground moving up through the house and the couch. It was quite amazing to me!
We felt several aftershocks for awhile afterward too.
And that whole thing about animals knowing it is going to happen? yeah, not so sure about that one now! Sally was laying in the front room and merely picked up her head and looked around as it was happening...she didn't seem to be bothered a bit by it!
I was really so shocked and stunned to be experiencing it! Thankful that nothing serious happened and also reminded that Mother Nature is the Queen...when she does work like that she is not messing around!
Whew! 
Some Easter pictures here...
...and a little "fun" they had out on the trampoline while Mommy was in making lunch! 
I know...I will laugh about this tomorrow, right! haha! 

No comments:

Post a Comment